Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: Sara Schneider has departed from the California lifestyle magazine Sunset Magazine, where she has served as wine editor since 2005. Prior to her time as wine editor, she served as the magazine’s food editor.
CisionScoop: MarketWatch has hired a new markets reporter in Aaron Hankin. He will be covering cryptocurrency and financial markets for the magazine. Before joining at MarketWatch he was a reporter for Investopedia.
VICE Money’s former editor in chief Matt Phillips has joined The New York Times. He will be covering financial market’s for the NYT’s Business Day section. Before VICE he worked for Quartz as market and finance editor and The Wall Street Journal as a reporter.
The Washington Post has named Alan Sipress as their new Middle East editor. Alan has been with WaPo since 2000 where some of his various rolls include national security reporter, southeast Asia correspondent, federal government and accountability editor, and most recently, national news editor.
Sally Holmes has been named the digital director of MarieClaire.com where she will oversee editorial content, social media, and original video production. She previously served as executive editor of ELLE.com and New York Magazine’s blog, The Cut.
- Bob Rose will be the magazine’s new executive editor of all print and digital departments starting on Feb. 14. He previously served as the Wall Street Journal’s print editor.
- Deputy managing editor Lauren Rublin has been promoted to managing editor of roundtables and special projects. In her new position, she will oversee live events and webinars as well as edit special reports.
- The new managing editor of Barron’s Disruption section is Alex Eule. He will oversee technology coverage while also continuing to write features and columns. He joined Barrons in 2006 and his most recent position within the company was Editor of the Barron’s Next section.
- News and features editor Jeff Cane is taking on the additional role of overseeing the disruption and markets teams. He joined Barron’s in 2017, and previously worked for the New York Times where he served as Managing Editor of their DealBook blog.
- Robert Sabat is now assistant managing editor of the markets team. He joined Barron’s in 2016 as senior editor, and previously worked at the Wall Street Journal as their personal finance editor.
Chicago Reader has named Mark Konkol as executive editor. He joins the Reader after working as a senior producer and writer for SpikeTV where he produced a 6 part docu-series, Time: The Kalieg Browder Story. He also previously served as writer at large for the hyper-local Chicago new source DNAinfo.