Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Jennifer Bennett has been named associate legal editor at Bloomberg BNA‘s Securities Regulation and Law Report. Bennett graduated earlier this year from University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law.
- The Washington Post announced two new appointments on its Foreign and National teams. Andrew deGrandpre moved from the general assignment desk to a new role, deputy national security editor. He joined the paper earlier this year after more than a decade at the Military Times group publications. WorldViews staff writer Max Bearak was upped to Africa bureau chief, based in Nairobi, Kenya. He officially starts his new position in March 2018, but will begin transitioning in January. Bearak has been with WaPo since April 2016 and previously wrote for The New York Times.
- Quartz promoted Kira Bindrim to managing editor, up from editor of the website’s Talent Lab. She joined the company in May 2016 after spending several years as managing editor at Newsweek. Bindrim has also been on staff at Reuters and Crain’s New York Business.
- Beauty director Stephanie Montes stepped down at The Zoe Report. She was brought on as founding editor of the site’s beauty vertical in July 2014. Before that, Montes was an assistant designer at K. Bell, as well as a styling assistant and freelance writer for Allure.
- Nina Moini exited Minneapolis CBS affiliate WCCO-TV to join Minnesota Public Radio as a reporter. She joined WCCO in 2013, and previously reported for WZVN-TV in Fort Myers, Florida and KOMU-TV in Missouri.